François Bouguignon, Irena Grosfeld, Pamina Koenig, Thierry Verdier, Carlos Winograd, Ekaterina Zhuravskaya
Institutions have been the focus of the reflection on development over the last two or three last decades. This theme aims at discussing various aspects related to institutional change and political economy governance structures, and their socio-economic implications on societies and communities. Below are different lines of research developed by researchers on this theme.
- Institutional constraints on medium-run and long-run development and in-depth country case studies (Africa, Asia and Latin America), (François Bourguignon, Carlos Winograd).
- Inequality, economic development and institutional change (François Bourguignon)
- Determinants of conflict and prejudice (Irena Grosfeld, Ekaterina Zhuravskaya)
- Political economy of media and propaganda (Ekaterina Zhuravskaya)
- Economic history of institutional development (Irena Grosfeld, Carlos Winograd, Ekaterina Zhuravskaya)
- Models of Institutional development and cultural change (Thierry Verdier)